Thursday 24 September 2009

Amazon review: enhanced my own Dreamwalking

I am so grateful for the enthusiastic reviews I have received since 'Curse of the Tahiéra' was released in May this year. Sometimes I feel a reviewer has touched the essence, the soul of my book so well that I want to do a little dance and have a little cry (and sometimes I do;) Here is another of those reviews.

"I will admit that I was a little hesitant to begin this novel. Over the years I have come across too many unoriginal, formula-written fantasy clones that are apparently published out of pure ego or to make a buck. Now let me state that this does not describe this book- not at all.

Yes, this is a fantasy novel written in a fictional medieval/celtic world (the time and location are never actually spelled out but that is a good thing.) However, I detected no formula, no cliches. I found myself drawn deeper andd deeper into a genuinely well told tale. I identified with the characters and wanted to be part of their fellowship. Moreover, there was a great deal of spiritual, metaphysical, and wisdom lore artfully hung on the framework of the story without it seeming out of place. I recognised the truth of it even though the terminology was different from my own. In short, this book recharged me instead of draining me, and that is the best measure of a book from my personal experience.

I looked forward to reading this novel nightly before sleep- it certainly enhanced my own dream walking..."

Amazon review by
Oakshaman, Amazon Top 100 Reviewer



Wendy Gillissen for Curse of the Tahiéra, available at www.wendygillissen.com

No comments:

Post a Comment