Sunday 6 December 2009

New review by "One Person's Journey through a World of Books"




Sheila de Chantal, coffee lover (like me) and prolific book blogger added a lovely review of Curse of the Tahiéra on her blog One Person's Journey through a World of Books!

"I like a good fantasy adventure. Following Rom and Yldich through the pages of this book looking for an ancient curse was a wild adventure that I slowly picked up on the rhythm of the book. Sometimes language can throw me off and words such as erstwae and Daydach proved to be stumbling blocks for me and in the beginning of the book I had a hard time with these words. Thank goodness author Wendy Gillissen put the definitions (any many more words like them) in the back of the book for reference!

As our two characters travel North together there are a series of dreams that deeply trouble Rom and cause quite a plot for this read. I found it interesting how Wendy wove a deeper meaning into these dreams and how a troubled past can truly effect your present if not dealt with. For what I would call a YA read, this book was a bit deeper than I had anticipated."

Visit Sheila's Blog

In case you're wondering: Curse of the Tahiéra is not officially classified as YA, though I imagine readers from ages 12 and up should enjoy the book depending on their taste.
Wendy Gillissen

2 comments:

  1. Hi Wendy! Thanks for the link! I really did appreciate your books and thank you for the opportunity to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Sheila! Glad you enjoyed the book:-)

    ReplyDelete